OCGG - Webinars/Workshops/Conferences
The center regularly organizes webinars.
- The first in the series was delivered by Prof. Uday S. Mishra, Centre for Development Studies, Trivandrum on Aging and the Aged: Some Reflections on 10thJuly 2021.
- The second was titled Social forces and Ageing: Challenges and Way Forward was delivered by Dr. C. Aruna, Dept. of Sociology, Pondicherry University on 10th August 2021.
- The third in the series was delivered by Prof. Komal Chauhan(Department of Foods and Nutrition, Faculty of Family and Community Sciences, The Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda) on Nutrition Assessment for Elderly on 25thNovember 2022.
- A workshop on "Human Sleep Rhythm Analysis" was held on 26th March 2022 at LG-1 of GMU. In the workshop, Prof. Atanu Kumar Pati (Chairman, OCGG advisory Committee & Member OSHEC) and Prof. Arti Parganiha (Dept. of Bio-Science, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur) are present as resource person and subject experts.
- A workshop on "Special Lecture on Research Issues in Deprivation" was organized by School of Economics & Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, Gangadhar Meher University, Sambalpur on Dt: 30th May 2022. Prof. Udaya Shankar Mishra, Member of Advisory Committee was invited as resource person.
- A "Hands on Workshop on Actigraphy" was held on 28th JULY 2022 at LG-1 of GMU. Prof Arti Parganiha (Centre for Translational Chronobiology, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur) was present as a resource person and subject expert.
- A workshop on "Socio-Academic Film Exhibition Cum Interactive Workshop on Positive Ageing" was held on 7th January2023 at LG-1 of GMU. In the workshop, Sri Sourav Sarkar (Film Maker-Director) was present as a resource person and subject expert. Sri Sourav Sarkar elaborated his lecture on process of ageing and benefits of old age care home. He presented a documentary film "Solitary Soul" which is related with elderly people residing in old age care home at Kolkata. He also elaborated different types of old age care home and impact of interaction among elderly people.