The Central Library came into its existence in 1944. At present, it stands as a modern library with a lot of automation and one of the largest libraries in terms of the number of books and journals. Presently it contains 116671 Books, subscription to 63 Journals and 15 Magazines.
The library is INFLIBNET enabled and subscribed PROQUEST for accesses to e-resources which helps in searching the data from the following resources.
One separate Computer hall is situated at reading room of the library for assessing e-resources.
- Working Days 6 days in a week.
- Working hours 6 hours in a day.
- Working hours of Reading Room i.e. 9 hours /day
- Seating capacity of Library Reading Room : 250
Rules & Regulation [Orissa Edn. Code Act 126 (6)]
- A student on the rolls of the College automatically becomes a member of the College Library. When a student’s name is struck off the rolls of the College, he/she ceases to be a member.
- Members of the teaching staff and all other employees of the College are also members of the Library.
- Books taken out of the Library must be returned to the Librarian and on no account be transferred to any other person.
- No marginal or other notes or marking shall be made in Library books. Any person losing or seriously damaging a volume shall have to pay 3 times its value or replace it with a similar volume. When it belongs to set series, unless he replaces it he shall pay three times the value of the set.
- The following list shows the maximum number of books that can be issued to various classes of members.
- Member of Teaching Staff: 10 each
- Laboratory Assistant and Librarian: 05 each
- All Class III officers other than (b) above: 05 each
- Students of M.Phil : 05 each
- Students of Post Graduate Classes: 05 each
- Students of Degree classes (Honours): 03 each
- Class IV employees: 01 each
- Research Scholars:
- Students and other members of the library except members of the staff can retain books borrowed by them for a period of 15 days unless it is requisitioned by members of the staff in the event of which it should be returned immediately on receipt of requisition without fail.
- The Librarian may demand the production of Identity Cards from a student at the time of his borrowing books from the Library.
- Members of the staff may retain books borrowed by them for a period of one month at a time.
- Encyclopedias, dictionaries, maps and rare books cannot be taken out of the Library without obtaining specific permission from the Principal in writing.
- Notwithstanding these provisions the Principal reserves the right to stop the issue of certain books to students.
- A student who wants to take books from the Library should present his/her card along with a list of books he/she wishes to borrow, in order of preference to the Librarian during working hours of the Library. The book or books may be collected the day after the deposit of requisition. He/she should always present his/her card whenever he/she wants to borrow, reissue or return books.
- If a student loses his/her card, another card will be issued to him/her on application and on payment of Rs. 1.00.
- Students who do not return library books in time are liable to pay a fine of twenty-five paisa per book for each day of delay.
- Members of staff are eligible to keep library books for a maximum period of 1(one) month. A fine of Rs. 1/-(One only) per book per day shall be imposed on the defaulters.